Friday, June 20, 2008

Naughty Nautie?

So, progress continues on the Nautie:

100_3140

Which appears all well and good. It seemed a bit big towards the end, but I'm sure it will all work out. So I make the head:

100_3141

Which goes really quickly; really, probably, too quickly.
But I'm all excited, and get ready to sew the head to the body. But, um...does this look weird to you?

100_3144

Yeah. That's what I thought.

There's no way I can give this to my mother in good conscience. Not with it looking so...fleshy. And uncircumcised.

So, I turned it into a cat toy!

100_3147

Filled with gorgeous catnip from LadyFace's garden. Back to the drawing board on the Nautie's face.I'm thinking of maybe using the lighter color from the body, but I already had to knit double stranded for the body with that, and with the face coming out too small, I think I'd need to knit quadruple stranded for the face. Can you even do that? Methinks it's time to check the stash for alternatives.

ETA:
CatFaceMan LOVES!!!


100_3164

Enough said.

No comments:

MacKenna's Booties

MacKenna's Booties