Friday, June 13, 2008

I <3 the Internet

Broke in my new credit card the other day with a whopping $12.60. Spent, righteously, at Atrfibers in the city. They have samples! I had no idea! It's like, 2.50 (ish) for a few yards (ish) depending on the yarn. It would cost me more in gas to drive up there & fondle the yarn, but this way, I can have enough to swatch with, and really decide if this is the right yarn for any given project. Super Awesomesauce.
At least, this is how I justified it. My wee samples arrived today:

100_3127

From left to right: Rush, 15 yds, Color #2, 100% Cotton, 21sx28r=4in on #5; Kanji, 10 yds, Color #7, 97% Bamboo/13% Tussah Silk, 26sx32r=4in on #5; Ginko, 10 yds, Color #2, 97% Bamboo, 13% Tussah Silk, 26sx32r=4in on #5 (yeah, I just realized I bought 2 samples of the same EXACT yarn in to different colors, clearly I was ensorcelled); Ricotta, 6 yds, Color #5, 100% Cotton, 15sx20r=4in on #10.

100_3130

So pretty (sorry for the less than great pics), go to the website if you don't believe me. I have never been so excited to knit a swatch in my life. Which one will become Baby M's blankie? What about Baby B?

1 comment:

ab said...

Danger. Danger. $2.50 adds up quick when yarntasting!

I've actually found sites that allow you to use PayPal the MOST dangerous. Chances are, if I have to get up to find my credit card, I won't spend the $, but I can always remember that damn paypal password!

I have some fibre for you... I'll bring it to the ranch today!

MacKenna's Booties

MacKenna's Booties