Thursday, April 17, 2008

Hedera - 1 Down, 1 to Go!

So...I got a little concerned, cause I screwed up. I didn't make the heel flap long enough, it was five rows too short. So when I went to pick up the stitches, I was short five stitches on either side. Just when I was convinced that I totally had the "pick up & knit" part down. I was confused, but made the decision to increase five stiches at each side, and move on. It took me until after I had worked a couple rounds to realize my mistake, but at that point....I mean, how do you rip back in lace? I'm sure it's possible...but would you really want to? Would anyone? Without a life-line? So, I pressed forward:



Then, I started noticing how droopy it was looking. I mean, the gusset isn't supposed to flare, right? But I stuck to my guns, I will finish this one, I thought, and the next one I'll do properly. I learned, I will move on.


And finish it I did! One sock, anyways.


What's that last picture, you ask? Is that a dimple in my gusset? Why yes, it is. But it's my dimple & I'm proud of it. So there.

And in case you're curious about the relaxing atmosphere I knit in & where I get my inspiration to keep at it every night from, well:

1 comment:

ab said...

I've said it once, I'll say it again... You are one Brave Woman! I'm coming to you when I get over my fear of knitting socks!
Your Hedera is Gorgeous!

MacKenna's Booties

MacKenna's Booties